On our 2nd day in Lyon, I really enjoyed our first lecture on European Business Systems. The professor's research interests actually matched my own (Corporate Social Responsibility). However, when he spoke about diversity, he failed to mention functional diversity. I planned on asking how different nations in Europe having unique industrial expertise affects unity and diversity, but I did not. I regret this. I've learned that I should be more ready to voice my opinions and questions. Dr. Powell actually asked several good questions.
At the company visit at Aldes, I got to see a manufacturing facility in France. Having manufacturing experience myself, this was very different from what I was used to. In China, everyone has the appearance of being busy and productive, even though this is rarely the case. In France, given that wages are so high and workers typically are "lazier", the manufacturing plant was structured so well that I felt as if productivity was very high. This is exactly what the tour guide told us as well.
I seem to be getting the flu, but I still wanted to go see things in Lyon that night so we went out to look at the ruins. It was a pretty cool site. You could see many couples just walking around. I think that is more rare to see in America.
No comments:
Post a Comment