Friday, May 24, 2013
The UNESCO visit was amazing. This is always the kind of stuff I wanted to do. It actually made me reconsider my PhD in Organizational Behavior and perhaps look into getting a PhD in Public Policy. The presentation given by UNESCO was so intellectually stimulating. I spoke to the lecturer afterwards and got a business card. I also asked if strict salaries prevented UNESCO from hiring the best and brightest people and they agreed that I had a good point. It's always frowned upon by organizations such as these to invest money into marketing and salaries because it creates a negative visceral reaction from people. But given that UNESCO's projects are so specialized, still many bright experts will volunteer there time and skill. This is something I would like to research in the future. I wonder how cultural diversity affects prosocial behavior.
Our street visit was fun. We went to a couple pubs and asked the local people there what kind of technology they used. It was very interesting how open the French are. I hope we didn't appear obnoxious. They were willing to help us on this school project. However, it seems many of them use the same social apps we do. Less on this for now, I will write a 1 page with more detail later. Paris is very culturally diverse. I wonder how this cultural diversity affects business given that diversity is known to create barriers rather than innovative ideas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment