Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday May 23rd




The lecture on entrepreneurship was good because Rickie was a great lecturer, but the content didn't impress me. I guess I've heard too many lectures on how entrepreneurship comes from the gut and how professors are there to give us the tools and skills to utilize our own ideas. An interesting lecture on entrepreneurship needs to come with something more unique than that. One thing I realized was that the guest speaker mentioned working 16 hrs a week and investing and selling his businesses. Personally, I felt this was not the life for me. I guess I'm just not the entrepreneurial type. Work-life balance is a key motivator for me, and although the degree of WLB is unique for every individual, I really learned that I will settle for nothing less if I must work 80hours a week. I can only do something I am passionate about.

On another note, it was Chester's bday. On the train ride, Rahul looks completely exhausted from the lack of sleep. Funny. I can't believe how crazy Paris traffic was. We didn't have time to get Chester a bday cake in Paris, so we got him a basket of fries instead and used ketchup as "fire". That's a pic of him blowing out his birthday fries. Time to sleep. It's great to have internet. Excited for UNESCO tomorrow.

No comments: