Monday, May 20, 2013
Monday May 20th
On our first day in Lyon, we went on a guided tour. I didn't realize how old the buildings in France would look. I had the assumption that Europe's infrastructure was as updated as in other developed countries. The alley ways and brick and mortar buildings were really aesthetically pleasing, but perhaps this was because we felt as if we were on vacation. I would imagine living in a place would be difficult given we are used to much more modern facilities. On another note, walking Lyon at night was very beautiful. The city seems like a great place to live. I immediately saw places I would like to go jogging in if I hadn't broken my ankle. One thing that was striking to me was how many people were so fashionable. I had the assumption that if average disposable income was lower, people would be purchase less trendy clothing products, but this seemed as if it was not the case. Perhaps fashion is more highly valued in France than it is in America. Given that these clothing items are more expensive to buy in Europe, we asked some students from Lyon and they said that dressing appropriately is especially important in France because it is important in business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment