It's Monday. I'm back in Texas. These are some pictures from italy and switzerland because I didn't get a chance to put them up for the blog before. Overall, the trip has been very educational. It has reaffirmed my interest in cultural diversity as a research interest for my PhD in OB. I think I'm going to panhandle this summer to get some money because I'm too scared to look at my credit card statement. I'm also very excited to get back to America. I wonder why that is. I've always loved traveling, for months and months. However, this time, I'm excited to be back in the states. Not to say the trip hasn't been fun because it has been awesome, but I'm exhausted! I think I am more interested in going to developing countries though. The cost of living is usually cheaper and the food is better. I was a little disappointed in the food in Europe.
I have to say Switzerland was my favorite place because of the hiking. I've learned that the Swiss, although ranked #1 on the happiness scale, has a really really interesting culture. They were VERY different from people in Italy and France. I also think they are less accepting of foreigners. I need to look into this, but I would guess they are a collectivist country. I ordered a Salad buffet in which they scolded me for putting too much on my plate on 1 trip to the buffet table (keep in mind that we are only allowed to go once, no more than that). So i'm not really sure what buffet means in Switzerland. However, they were very quick to educate me that this was not how things were done in Switzerland. The place seems very peaceful. They seem less interested in what other countries are doing and just focus on what they want to do. Their standard of living and subjective well-being scale is amongst the highest in the world. However, I can say that I would not want to live there. People seem more uptight there. Even the customer service was really poor. However, I can see why the Swiss are happy with their country. They are definitely doing it right.
No comments:
Post a Comment